Jo Hyein, McCune KB, Jablonski PG, Lee SI. In review at Scientific Reports.
McCune KB, Blaisdell AP, Johnson-Ulrich Z, Lukas D, MacPherson M, Seitz B, Sevchik A, Logan CJ. 2023. PeerJ 11(e15773). https://doi.org/10.7717/peerj.15773.
Andreína Pacheco M, Ferreira FC, Logan CJ, McCune KB, MacPherson M, Miranda SA, Santiago-Alarcon D, Escalante AA. 2022. PLOS ONE 17(8): e0268161. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0268161.
(8) Social behavior mediates the use of social and personal information in wild jays.
McCune KB, Valente JJ, Jablonski P, Lee S, Ha RR. 2022. Scientific Reports 12(2494). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-06496-x.
(7) Are the more flexible individuals also better at inhibition?
Logan CJ, McCune KB, MacPherson M, Johnson-Ulrich Z, Rowney C, Seitz B, Blaisdell AP, Deffner D, Wascher CAF. 2022. Animal Behavior & Cognition 9(1): 14-36. https://doi.org/10.26451/abc.09.01.03.2022
(6) Investigating sex differences in genetic relatedness in great-tailed grackles in Tempe, Arizona to infer potential sex biases in dispersal.
Sevchik A, Rowney C, Logan CJ, McCune KB, Blackwell A, Lukas D. 2022. Animal Behavior & Cognition 9(1): 37-52. https://doi.org/10.26451/abc.09.01.04.2022.
(5) Using touchscreen equipped operant chambers to study comparative cognition. Benefits, limitations, and advice.
Seitz BM, McCune KB, MacPherson M, Bergeron LM, Blaisdell A, Logan CJ. 2020. PLOS ONE 16(2): e0246446. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0246446.
(4) Removal pattern mitigates negative, short-term effects of stepwise Russian olive eradication on breeding birds.
Valente JJ, McCune KB, Tamulonis R, Fischer R. 2019. Ecosphere 10(5):1-18, https://doi.org/10.1002/ecs2.2756
(3) Captive jays exhibit reduced problem-solving performance compared to wild conspecifics.
McCune KB, Jablonski P, Lee S, Ha RR. 2019. Royal Society Open Science 6:181311, https://doi.org/10.1098/rsos.181311.
(2) Evidence for personality conformity, not social niche specialization in social jays.
McCune KB, Jablonski P, Lee S, Ha RR. 2018. Behavioral Ecology 29(4):910-917, https://doi.org/10.1093/beheco/ary055
(1) Mexican Jays (Aphelocoma wollweberi) prey on bats in Arizona.
McCune KB. 2016. The Southwestern Naturalist 62(1):146-148, https://doi.org/10.1894/0038-4909-61.2.146.
pre-study peer reviewed preregistrations
As part of the publishing ethics of the Grackle Project, we preregister and receive peer-review on our experiments before collecting or analyzing the data ("Stage 1") to increase research validity and replicability, as well as to decrease occurrence of p-hacking and HARKing. https://rr.peercommunityin.org/. After completing the research, the full manuscript ("Stage 2") is submitted to the journal to receive approval for publication. Publications 6,7 & 9-11 above are Stage 2 articles from peer-reviewed and approved preregistrations. Below are preregistrations that have been peer-reviewed and approved, but data collection or analysis is still in process.
Implementing a rapid geographic range expansion: the role of behavior and habitat changes. Logan CJ, McCune KB, Chen N, Lukas D. In principal acceptance 2020. PCI Ecology. Click here for peer-review history.
McCune KB, Ross C, LeGrande-Rolls C, Bergeron L, Folsom M, Logan CJ. In principal acceptance 2020. PCI Ecology. Click here for peer-review history
McCune KB, McElreath R, Logan CJ. In principal acceptance 2019. PCI Ecology. Click here for peer-review history.
McCune KB, Rowney C, Bergeron L, Folsom M, Logan CJ. In principal acceptance 2019. PCI Ecology. Click here for peer-review history.
Logan CJ, Lukas D, LeGrande-Rolls C, Bergeron L, Folsom M, Marfori Z, McCune KB. In principal acceptance 2019. PCI Ecology. Click here for peer-review history.