If you would like a pdf of any of my publications but you do not have free access with the journal, please contact me and I will send it to you.
Andreína Pacheco M, Ferreira FC, Logan CJ, McCune KB, MacPherson M, Miranda SA, Santiago-Alarcon D, Escalante AA. In review at PLOS ONE.
Logan CJ, Blaisdell AP, Johnson-Ulrich Z, Lukas D, MacPherson M, Seitz B, Sevchik A, McCune KB. EcoEvoRxiv version 1, in reivew at Peer Community in Ecology.
(8) Social behavior mediates the use of social and personal information in wild jays.
McCune KB, Valente JJ, Jablonski P, Lee S, Ha RR. 2022. Scientific Reports 12(2494). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-022-06496-x.
(7) Are the more flexible individuals also better at inhibition?
Logan CJ, McCune KB, MacPherson M, Johnson-Ulrich Z, Rowney C, Seitz B, Blaisdell AP, Deffner D, Wascher CAF. 2022. Animal Behavior & Cognition 9(1): 14-36. https://doi.org/10.26451/abc.09.01.03.2022
(6) Investigating sex differences in genetic relatedness in great-tailed grackles in Tempe, Arizona to infer potential sex biases in dispersal.
Sevchik A, Rowney C, Logan CJ, McCune KB, Blackwell A, Lukas D. 2022. Animal Behavior & Cognition 9(1): 37-52. https://doi.org/10.26451/abc.09.01.04.2022.
(5) Using touchscreen equipped operant chambers to study comparative cognition. Benefits, limitations, and advice.
Seitz BM, McCune KB, MacPherson M, Bergeron LM, Blaisdell A, Logan CJ. 2020. PLOS ONE 16(2): e0246446. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0246446.
(4) Removal pattern mitigates negative, short-term effects of stepwise Russian olive eradication on breeding birds.
Valente JJ, McCune KB, Tamulonis R, Fischer R. 2019. Ecosphere 10(5):1-18, https://doi.org/10.1002/ecs2.2756
(3) Captive jays exhibit reduced problem-solving performance compared to wild conspecifics.
McCune KB, Jablonski P, Lee S, Ha RR. 2019. Royal Society Open Science 6:181311, https://doi.org/10.1098/rsos.181311.
(2) Evidence for personality conformity, not social niche specialization in social jays.
McCune KB, Jablonski P, Lee S, Ha RR. 2018. Behavioral Ecology 29(4):910-917, https://doi.org/10.1093/beheco/ary055
(1) Mexican Jays (Aphelocoma wollweberi) prey on bats in Arizona.
McCune KB. 2016. The Southwestern Naturalist 62(1):146-148, https://doi.org/10.1894/0038-4909-61.2.146.
pre-study peer reviewed preregistrations
As part of the publishing ethics of the Grackle Project, we preregister and receive peer-review on our experiments before collecting or analyzing the data ("Stage 1") to increase research validity and replicability, as well as to decrease occurrence of p-hacking and HARKing. https://rr.peercommunityin.org/. After completing the research, the full manuscript ("Stage 2") is submitted to the journal to receive approval for publication. Publications 6,7,9 & 10 above are Stage 2 articles from peer-reviewed and approved preregistrations. Below are preregistrations that have been peer-reviewed and approved, but data collection or analysis is still in process.
Implementing a rapid geographic range expansion: the role of behavior and habitat changes. Logan CJ, McCune KB, Chen N, Lukas D. In principal acceptance 2020. PCI Ecology. Click here for peer-review history.
McCune KB, Ross C, LeGrande-Rolls C, Bergeron L, Folsom M, Logan CJ. In principal acceptance 2020. PCI Ecology. Click here for peer-review history
McCune KB, McElreath R, Logan CJ. In principal acceptance 2019. PCI Ecology. Click here for peer-review history.
McCune KB, Rowney C, Bergeron L, Folsom M, Logan CJ. In principal acceptance 2019. PCI Ecology. Click here for peer-review history.
Logan CJ, Lukas D, LeGrande-Rolls C, Bergeron L, Folsom M, Marfori Z, McCune KB. In principal acceptance 2019. PCI Ecology. Click here for peer-review history.